Mix the ground meat, onion, egg white and seasoning. Form 24 meatballs. Cook them in a pan, without oil, hot for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to brown on all sides equally. Add water and cover to the pan. Cook for 15 more minutes. Drain them. Add the tomatoes in cubes and the peppers, cook and stir until everything is hot. Serve the meatballs in a large platter, on a base of wild rice, cover with the sauce and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- 1.1 pounds of ground beef
- 1 cup ground cracker or bran
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 beaten whites
- 2 cts of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cumin strips
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of tomato in cubes and peppers.
Servings: 4 servings (6 meatballs per serving)